ORANGE CELEBRATES 150 YEARS OF COOK PARK
The December newsletter is packed full of information:
• 150th Birthday Celebrations for Cook Park at Orange
• Update on Forgotten Diggers project
• Read about Billy Dargan and his role in the capture of Ben Hall
• Calling Volunteers – we need your help!
• Wentworth Mines – a great family day out!
• Newspaper articles and lots of interesting items.
• Browse our publications for sale – you might find some great Christmas gift ideas!.
If you have any articles you would like to share with us in future newsletters please send them through to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All this and much more in the December edition of Orange Family History Group Newsletter …
2023 is a milestone for the Orange Family History Group. The Orange Family History Group was formed forty years ago, in 1983.
The time capsule in Robertson Park to be unearthed in June, White Crosses at the Orange Cemetery, Christine Stewart talks about Collits’ Inn, History of the Banjo Paterson Writing Awards, view the newly digitised newspaper The Orange Star, Orange Festival of Arts collection now available to view on Recollect Central West, Lord Carrington archives tour, Blackman Family, Centenary of Soldiers’ Memorial Avenue in Orange, help us identify photographs, publications for sale ….
Exciting news hot off the press …
To anybody who has been following with baited breath the ongoing issue of funding for TROVE, we have received advice TODAY…. The National Library of Australia’s beloved online portal Trove has been saved from the threat of imminent closure after a cash injection of $33 million from the Albanese government… You can read more in the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper article announcement dated 3 April 2023 or by following this link.